Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Reading Response numero dos

John Dufresne, “Lemonade and Paris Buns”

This one is sad. When I read it, I wondered why the writer wrote it. He is a lonely, lonely man. I think someone in his life died- and thats why he lives such a miserable health concerned life. I wonder if this was actually real too. Did he encounter orphans, eat lunch with them, and watch them disappear into the world. Or was it all a dream? I would think the experience would have a lasting impact on you. I noticed the boys all had pretty interesting names, and I wondered why. The grammar in this story is like the last- all different and like nothing I have ever read before. I am not sure was Dufresne is trying to say, especially with the way the story ends. “But the Wolf says what he believes is you meet everyone twice before you die.” I could attempt to guess and say the characters in the Trayvien’s story are suppose to represent real adults and how they really think. I want to say that Dufresne is asking us to remember our inner child and take time in our lives to remember its simplicity.


No comments:

Post a Comment